Monday, September 08, 2008

The Harvest


As you can see by this photograph, Daddy has harvested the broomcorn. It looks just beautiful, and I hope we can put it to good use!
I had my first big disaster with my new computer last Saturday. A message popped up from my internet security suite stating that an important update was available, and all I needed to do was click on the link to load it. So I did. Dumb. No, it wasn't a virus. It was really and truly an update from the company who wrote my security program. Unfortunately, the update was REALLY buggy. Not only did I have to completely uninstall the security program, I also had to reinstall WINDOWS, for cryin' out loud!!
At least I know it wasn't just me....the message board on the company's website was full of irate messages from customers who'd had the same experience I'd had. I was up until 3:00 am Sunday morning trying to get everything back to par. After that, I dozed while waiting for Windows Vista to reinstall (a lengthy process). To say that I felt a bit draggy yesterday is an understatement. Luckily, all I really had to do was a load of laundry. I had a lot of other projects that I should have worked on, but they'll just have to wait!!
Today is a "dull sinus headache" kinda day, so I'm probably going to call it a night pretty early. I've already had my dinner. I'm waiting for a thunderstorm to pass (I can hear distant rumbles as I'm typing this) so that I can have my shower and get into my jammies. I think a warm shower, a cool glass of tea, and a good night's sleep will be very helpful. :-)

No comments: