Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Snow Day.....Again!

You gotta love it. When the temperatures are in the single digits, there's no more welcome sound than my cell phone telling me I have a text message. That's because the only text messages I get are from the automated message system that informs me about schedule changes at the office. (I don't text....I refuse to text....someday in the distant future I may be the last cell phone owner in America to send a text message.)

Sure enough, this morning when I heard my cell phone "bleep bleep" I knew they'd changed our altered schedule from "snow schedule" to "closed".

SNOW DAY!!! I took this photo just after 7:00 this morning from my deck. It was 9 degrees at the time. In the past couple of hours it's warmed up to a balmy 14. It makes me very happy to be able to sit at my home computer and look out at the snow blowing across the parking lot, knowing I don't have to go out there.

I finished knitting my first hat last night. It's just a simple little stockinette cap, but I'm pleased with it all the same since it's the first thing I've knitted that wasn't a scarf.

Mom and Dad had a terrible bout with an upper respiratory "bug"; they were sick for nearly two weeks, but seem to be well now, thank goodness. As for me, I was home sick with a migraine Monday. I'd been having lesser headaches off and on for a couple of weeks, so I knew a bone-crusher was coming. Yesterday I was okay, a little tired like I always am after a migraine, but much, much better. Today I feel great, but that may be partially due to the fact that I'm in sweats and fuzzy slippers. *G*

Okay, enough gloating about the fact I didn't have to go to the office today. I think I'll go pour myself another cup of coffee and put a Dura-Flame log in the fireplace. Seems to me I started knitting a scarf a few days ago that I can work on today. *contented sigh*

1 comment:

Gary said...

I can sympathize! You sound just like me bitchin about the weather tho I think here in Ottawa we gotyoubeat hands down!It's -20today. Anyway I stumbled upon your blog as i was hitting the "nextblog" button after updating mine -go visit! - and thought yours looked interesting. hy only 9 weeksto spring! Cheers, gary S