Friday, October 23, 2009

Relativity

It's all relative.....this morning on a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being comfortable, 10 being the worst pain you can imagine) my pain is a 7, moving up to a 9 when I have to move to certain positions. But that's relatively better. Yesterday, it stayed at 8.5 to 9 with spikes to a 10 at times. When I went to bed last night, my jaw was actually tired from clenching my teeth all day.

But there IS light at the tunnel. I keep telling myself that surgery is November 11, and that will help things.

In the meantime, I'm still working every day. Lots to do before I have surgery. That's probably good, because it keeps my mind busy. Virtually every waking moment at home I keep knitting needles in my hands. That's not an exaggeration. I load the dishwasher, then get in the recliner with my knitting. I feather-dust the furniture, then get in the recliner with my knitting. I clean the bathrooms, then get in the recliner with my knitting. Three nights this week I actually fell asleep in the recliner with MeggieDog and my knitting in my lap.

Things could be worse. It's all relative.

No comments: