Monday, November 03, 2003

Dr. R's nurse called Randy and told him Ambien was being called in to our pharmacy for him. Dr. K's nurse called and told him that Dr. K wanted Dr. B to go ahead and reroute the shunt before bypass surgery (two separate procedures). Randy called me at work, very upset. He did not want Dr. B to perform surgery, and he did not want any surgery to be performed at BRMC. I called and left a message for Dr. K's nurse to call me. While waiting, I spoke to Dr. P's nurse to ask for guidance. She told me that legally Dr. P cannot intervene in Randy's case until 90 days after bypass surgery. When Dr. K's nurse returned my call, I explained that Randy, for personal reasons, did not want Dr. B to perform his surgery and wanted a neurosurgeon in Johnson City to perform the procedure. She said she'd get an appointment as soon as possible.

No comments: