Tuesday, September 06, 2005

The Saga Continues

My sister called me this morning, and still doesn't have electricity, bless her heart. The Vicksburg Post reports that as of Sunday there were still 6,000 without power. This is down from 22,000 the day after the storm went through. So, things are improving; hopefully it won't be much longer.

I don't know how she can stand the heat with no air conditioning; the very thought just makes me ill.

Randy got a new job; I drove him to Shelbyville yesterday so he could go through his orientation today. They'll dispatch him Wednesday, so we didn't want his car just sitting in Shelbyville for who knows how long. It was a good day for a road trip, but 5 1/2 hours there and 5 hours back turned into a really long day. I'm a little tired today, but not nearly as bad as I thought I might be.

No comments: