Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

I had a great Christmas Eve....relaxed and happy. The only thing that would have made it better would have been for Kris and Louise to be here.

Poor little Meggie was just exhausted when it was all over, though. She'd had a very eventful day:
  1. I was home all day instead of going to work and leaving her to have a nice long morning nap.
  2. A car caught fire in the parking lot (we could see it from my deck), so she had to patrol the deck for awhile to be sure no monsters came in on that big noisy fire truck.
  3. Three words: CHRISTMAS BOODA BONE.
  4. Mom and Dad arrived to share Christmas Eve with us and brought DOGGIE TOYS!
  5. We talked to Kris and Louise on Skype; she always gets excited when she hears familiar voices over the computer speakers.
  6. Time had to be spent under the table during Christmas Eve dinner in case anyone dropped crumbs. (No one did.)
  7. UPS Guy knocked on the door to deliver a package....the NERVE of him, knocking on Meggie's front door!! *LOL*

She was so tired that she went to bed ... without me! ... about 6:30. In fact, she's still in bed. She usually gets up once during the night to have a drink of water and visit the piddle pad, but she never got off the bed last night. I'm going to Mom and Dad's to visit today, so I'm sure she'll sleep like a rock while I'm gone.

Well, I think I'll have a cranberry-orange muffin and a cuppa tea for Christmas breakfast.

I hope everyone who reads my little blog has a very Merry Christmas and a safe and Happy New Year!

No comments: