Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Doctors, Doctors, Doctors

The good news is that I really, really like my new primary care physician. He's attentive, intelligent, and has wonderful communication skills. We discussed my health issues at great length, and he put my mind at rest about several issues. I'll have lots of diagnostic tests to catch up on, of course, but I expected that.

He was able to tell me exactly the size of the cyst in my back. When I remarked that it's hard to believe something that small can cause this much grief, he said that it's just like real estate: "Location, location, location". *LOL*

Monday I saw the PA at the surgeon's office about the cyst and what we're going to do about it. She, also, was very intelligent and communicated very well. I was presented with several options for treatment and opted to try the simplest route first. I was put on a new medication which should help relieve the nerve pain. That will be a lovely change!

I started the medication Monday night; the initial reaction was that it allowed me to have a very restful night, which was just wonderful. I slept well again last night as well. I found that the medication doesn't make me groggy in the morning as I feared it might. In fact, both yesterday and today I woke before my alarm went off at 5:20.

That was especially amazing this morning, since I was awake until after midnight trying to finish up a knitted baby blanket. I'm not used to keeping those kinds of hours anymore! *L*

I didn't quite finish the blanket, but it's close enough that I can finish it quickly after work this evening and get it washed and dried and wrapped up and ready to go. It's turning out quite nicely, thank goodness.

Well, time to get ready for work. This is the last week of "flex time"; I've been working four 10-hour days Monday - Thursday since back in May. I'll really miss having my Fridays free. *sigh* Oh, well, it'll be back next May.

No comments: