Friday, September 07, 2012

TGIF

Yes, I know it was a short work week because of Labor Day, but still.....TGIF.  I had taken Thursday and Friday off last week, so I had a 5-day weekend, but still....TGIF.

I returned to work on Tuesday, rested (no headaches for FIVE WHOLE DAYS!!) and resolved to have a good, productive week.  I was determined to meet the oncoming stressors with calm reserve and deal with them one at a time, refusing to be overwhelmed.  My good intentions lasted until about 8:45 that morning.

By yesterday afternoon, my migraine was so severe that I had to leave a couple of hours early.  Luckily it was cloudy yesterday; I don't think I could have driven myself home if the sun had been out.  I was violently ill by the time I got home and could barely call Mom and Dad to let them know I'd arrived home safely.  I took my migraine medication, crawled into bed and slept for two hours.

When I woke up, the medication had worked its magic.  I wasn't well yet, but my head was numb.  Sometimes numb is enough to get me through.  I'd been too sick to eat lunch, so I steamed a potato for supper.  I called Mom again to let her and Daddy know that I was feeling better, then ate my potato in the recliner while watching a show I'd TiVo'd earlier in the week.

At 7:30 I felt the heachache creeping back in, so I took another Maxalt and went back to bed.  At one point (still pretty early in the evening), my downstairs neighbors woke me with a VERY loud television in their bedroom.  I stuck in my foam earplugs and went back to sleep.  I woke at 4:00 this morning, finished a book I'd been reading, ate a bit of breakfast, and logged into Facebook to see what's going on in my friends' worlds.

Now it's time to shower and dress and face another day at the office.

I'd rather have a root canal.

No comments: