Friday, September 17, 2004

A gray, ugly day in my neck of the woods, thanks to Hurricane (now Tropical Storm) Ivan. I'm very thankful, though, that the storm just skirted us and gave us rain and light breezes. Areas very close by got torrential rain and flooding. Lots of schools closed in North Carolina today.

As I was driving to work this morning, I was entertained by interesting cloud formations from the storm. After I got to work I took some photos. If any of them turn out well, I'll post them here.

I went to see my doctor day before yesterday because my glucose has been way too high (type 2 diabetic, y'know). He put me on medication and told me I need to get back on track with diet and exercise (which I already knew....*LOL*). So I dragged out my diabetic exchange book and re-educated myself. Randy will most likely not be pleased with upcoming changes in dinner offerings at our house. :-)

I got new living room furniture last week. Randy said it's a shame to have brand new furniture and have to keep it covered up all the time. I agree, but it would be much more tragic to have MeggieDog toenail damage to the brand new furniture! Meggie thought it was simply lovely of me to purchase a La-Z-Boy recliner just for her. *LOL*

I have an exciting weekend planned. This is Randy's weekend to stay with his mom, so I'll be gathering items together and pricing them for a big ol' yard sale Mom and Dad are planning to have in 3 weeks. It'll take me that long to get my junk together. I'm going to use this as an opportunity to clear some clutter. Anything that doesn't sell, I'm going to drop off at Goodwill.

No comments: