Friday, June 13, 2008

Friday the Thirteenth

*insert scary "Jason" music here*

I'll be honest....the only movie I ever saw of the "Friday the 13th" series was the first one. Long, long ago. I like scary movies, but not those of the Jason/Freddie/slasher type.

I'd actually forgotten that today was Friday the Thirteenth until I heard it mentioned on the radio this morning. While I avoid stepping on sidewalk cracks when possible (Step on a crack, break your mother's back.) and feel a little ill at ease if a black cat crosses my path, I can't honestly say that Friday the Thirteenth has ever been a bad day for me.

Today's a pretty heavy scheduled workday, though, so this may be the one that makes me feel differently about seeing Friday the Thirteenth on my calendar.

I'm normally off on Fridays in the summer, working four 10-hour days Monday through Thursday. However, with a revamped payroll schedule for June because of end-of-the-fiscal-year things happening, I need to be in the office today. So, I adjusted my schedule a bit.

Have to admit it, though.....I'll miss having that extra cup of coffee at home and lounging around in my jammies a little longer this morning. *sigh*

No comments: