Thursday, February 25, 2010

Heartbroken

My little MeggieDog is gone....and I am heartbroken. She became very ill last Friday night, and just never got better. She'd had these "spells" several times in the last couple of years, becoming violently ill for a day or two. But she'd always improved after the first 48 hours. Unfortunately, this time that didn't happen.

When she became much worse yesterday, I took her to the veterinarian and made the difficult decision to have him put her to sleep. I held her while she drifted peacefully away. She led a good, pampered life and would have been 16 years old on April 1. But knowing that doesn't make me miss her any less.

And now I'm faced with the deafening silence of my apartment with no Meggie in it. This morning I woke up in the middle of the bed for the first time in almost 16 years. (She was a notorious bed hog.)

I've been through this before, and I know that I will heal. But now, I just miss her....so much.

No comments: