Monday, March 01, 2010

Day By Day

Though the quiet in my apartment is still hard to listen to, each day gets a tiny bit easier. I took some of Meg's things to Mom and Dad's house Saturday so they can use them for their Jasper. That seemed to help a little. There's still a lot of healing to do, but the process has at least begun.

As with most of the difficult times in my life, I find that staying busy helps a lot. So, when I got bored with housework over the weekend (which admittedly doesn't take long...*LOL*) I knitted a bit and spent some time on my new Wii playing Lego Indiana Jones. I know....sounds like a little kid's game, right? It's FUN.....I SWEAR!! You can shoot the bad guys, and nobody bleeds, because everyone's a Lego character. The funny thing is finding out how truly horrible I am at video games. I never was very good at them, and hadn't tried one in YEARS.

I bought the Wii so that I could use Wii Fit Plus, which I adore. I can already tell that it's helping me regain strength I lost during my illness last year. But I figured I needed a video game to play on the Wii as well, just for the fun of it. Kris told me that she plays Lego Indiana Jones on her Nintendo DS and that it was fun. She was right, as usual. I've had a blast with it so far, and it helps keep me busy. That's really important right now.

No comments: