Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Family News and the Census

First item on the agenda: Kris had back surgery Monday a.m. Sydney time and is doing well, thank goodness. She's still in the hospital (with apparently noisy wardmates), but things are going as expected. Hopefully she'll be out of the hospital at the end of the week and will finally be able to get some rest!

Second item: just a minor gripe. Is anyone else as tired of hearing from the Census Bureau as I am? The first communication was that I was going to receive a census form. Second communication was the form itself, which I completed and returned right away. (Very simple form, so I do commend them for THAT.) But then, after I'd already returned their form, I got a letter saying that my form should have arrived and telling me how desperately important it is that I return the form. HEY. I DID IT. STOP WASTING PAPER AND POSTAGE NAGGING PEOPLE WHO'VE ALREADY DONE WHAT THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO, OKAY?

Sheesh.

No comments: