Thursday, October 21, 2010

Zipping Through October

Where did October go?? Sheesh, seems like just yesterday was September! It's been a busy, busy month in my little corner of the world. Seems like things at the office just get busier all the time.

Last week, though, I was on my final full week of annual leave for 2010. Since it's a little chilly (especially at night), I didn't go camping. I figured that if it's so cool that I have to sit in the tent with a heater, I might as well just stay home! And so I spent a very quiet, relaxing week.

Unfortunately, I battled an allergy headache all week long. *phooey* In fact, on the last day of my vacation, the headache morphed into a migraine and I spent the entire day in the recliner. I did NOTHING but knit and watch Doctor Who! (See, Kris, you've turned me into a true addict. *LOL*)

The first Sunday of my time off was really good, though. Mom and Dad took Aunt Orpha out for the day, and I tagged along. We had a really great time! We enjoyed a leisurely drive over to Scott County. Our first stop was at Mann Farm's produce stand in Ft. Blackmore where I bought some beautiful yellow tomatoes and delicious ginger gold apples. I also bought two pints of corn relish and a quart of sourwood honey.

After that, we stopped to visit briefly with one of Daddy's cousins, John, who lives in the area. I had to actually write it out to figure out how they're related....they're second cousins. *LOL*
We then went up on High Knob, which was quite beautiful. The weather was clear and crisp...a perfect fall day! After driving past the site of the old Sweeney homeplace, we made our way to Norton. There we all enjoyed a delicious late lunch at Fish Tales. Since I have a seafood allergy, I had their pork barbeque which was very good. If you're ever there, I recommend it!

It was a very lovely day, and we all enjoyed it very much. The next morning, my allergies had kicked into high gear. (I suspect the dust and leaf litter up on the Knob probably didn't help me any!) So, for the next couple of days I really didn't do a lot. Just a bit of housework, some knitting, and some movies via Netflix.

On Wednesday I ran a few errands and went to visit Mom and Dad for a bit. I also went to cast my vote that day; we have early voting in my corner of the world. I love to vote early because the early voting location has much better parking that my regular voting location.

On Thursday I finally talked myself into dealing with my walk-in closet. I needed to deal with it because you couldn't walk into it anymore! *LOL* By Friday I had it in fairly presentable order with a stack of things to take to Goodwill. It's not perfect, mind you, but it's much better than it's been for awhile.

And that, friends, is the saga of my fall vacation. Thrilling, eh? *LOL* I still have some pictures on my camera that I took during the trip to High Knob. I'll try to get those downloaded to the computer soon so I can share them with you.

Hope you're all having a great week. If you're not, be of good cheer...the weekend's almost here!

No comments: