Monday, November 29, 2010

Holidays and a Special Birthday Celebration

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Mine was good, comparatively quiet, but good.

I was off work Wednesday through Sunday, which was really great. I didn't do a lot on Wednesday, mostly just household drudgery. I can never believe how much dust can accumulate in my apartment. I'm considering just making friends with the dust bunnies and letting them have their way! *LOL*

On Thursday I went down to have Thanksgiving dinner with Mom and Dad. They don't care for turkey, so Mom made a wonderful pork roast with yummy trimmings. We all ate too much, but that's traditional, right? After dinner I knitted while Mom and Dad napped a bit in front of the TV. Not a bad way to spend the holiday.

Friday I got some more knitting done, including blocking a sizable scarf I made for a Christmas gift.

Saturday we went to my great-Aunt Orpha's 100th birthday celebration. It was just wonderful! They had it at the Meadowview Convention Center. The food was great, and she had a good crowd. I didn't count heads, but they were expecting around 125, and I think they were all there! Aunt Orpha really enjoyed herself, and a good time was had by all.

Sunday I didn't do much of anything; I knew that Monday would be rough returning to work, so I took it pretty easy.

Sure enough, when I went back to work this morning it was really busy all day long. However, I had something to look forward to: I'd received notification that my Christmas gift to myself had arrived and was ready to be picked up at the Site-to-Store area at Wal-Mart. I bought myself a nifty little netbook. In fact, I'm typing this entry on it while waiting for the battery to charge. I think it will come in really handy for taking things to show Mom and Dad (since they're not online) and for using out on the deck when the weather's nice. It's so teensy it looks like a toy! *LOL*

Well, the battery's nearly charged, so I think I'll close now and get a few more items downloaded that I wanted to put on this bitty little computer.

Have a good week, everyone!

No comments: