Saturday, January 29, 2011

January's Almost Gone

January has been a strange month in my neck of the woods. Since we returned to work after the holidays on January 3, the college has closed for snow two full days, closed early two days, and opened on a snow schedule (2 hours late) FIVE days. And we had a holiday in there, too. That means we've had an altered schedule on ten days....out of twenty days. HALF OF THEM. Sheeeeeeeeeeeesh.

Don't get me wrong, I can enjoy a paid day off from work as much as anyone, better than most. But January's a really busy month in my office, and all that time off has really wreaked havoc. February, therefore, is going to be a bear as well.

I was really tired last night and expected to have a good night's sleep. It started out well, but I woke up about 2:00 am and was awake for an hour or so. I don't rest well when I sleep in a "split shift" like that, so I'm tired this morning. I should be up and at it and well into my household routine by now, but I'm not. That's okay. It'll wait for me. :-)

I think I'll plan my day before I start. So much time in the kitchen. So much time knitting. So much time in the dining room. So much time knitting. So much time dusting. so much time knitting. See a pattern developing here? *LOL*

You see, for the past couple of weeks, I've just not been in a knitting mood. You'd think with all the "snow time" I'd have been knitting up a storm, but I just haven't been doing it. This morning, though, I feel the need to feel wool in my hands, so I'm going to make that part of today's plan.

It's going to be really nice out today....sunny and 50 degrees. But I have too much housework to catch up on to let myself go out and play. Tomorrow. I'll go out in the sunshine tomorrow.

No comments: