Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Grateful I'm in the South

I'm a Southern gal, born and raised. As a matter of fact, I've lived all my life (except a brief stint of less than 2 months I lived in Michigan) within a 50-mile radius of the location I'm sitting in while typing this. I've always been happy to be a Southern gal and have never felt a particular need to drift any farther north, or south for that matter. I guess since I'm a resident of northeast Tennessee I'm technically a mid-Atlantic gal, but I feel more Southern than that. *LOL*

As I look at the Weather Channel today, I'm especially grateful to be in my beloved South. Boy, are they ever getting HAMMERED up there! Blizzard warnings, white-outs, TWO FEET of snow expected in Chicago. Ohhhhhh, I do feel sorry for them. Truly. I feel even worse for the locations expecting accumulations of ice.

As so here I sit, feeling almost guilty for the fact that I was able to drive home from work without wearing so much as a jacket. I know that our winter isn't finished here. In fact, we often get large snows in February and March. But I'm so glad that this particular storm has seen fit to leave us alone.

Good luck, my Northern friends!! I'm thinking about you!

No comments: