Sunday, January 09, 2011

Sick O' Winter

If you've had any doubt whatsoever, here's my official statement: I'm sick of winter. I'm sick of bitter cold mornings (5 degrees here right now). I'm sick of snow. Yes, me. The one who's always been so excited about snow days. Sick. Of. Snow. I told Daddy the other day that I'd give a $20 bill to see a crocus pushing up out of the ground.

*SIGH*

Oh well. Nothing we can do about the weather but bundle up, pay the big heating bills, and wait for Spring.

Now, it's been a long time since I've blogged, so let's catch up a bit.

Mom's aneurysm surgery on December 20 went just beautifully, thank goodness! They were able to perform the surgery through her femoral arteries, so there were only two small incisions. She was uncomfortable after surgery, but only because she was having some hip joint pain from being on the operating table. They kept her in ICU overnight as a precaution, but released her from the hospital the next morning without even putting her in a regular room. We had her home by 10:00 am!

She had her follow-up exam this past Wednesday, and her surgeon is very pleased with her progress. Everything looks just great!

Our Christmas was quiet, but very nice. We were expecting bad weather (so what else is new?), so I stayed at Mom and Dad's on Christmas Eve. We had a lovely holiday; I made my way back home on Christmas afternoon, and the weather turned ugly very soon after.

I went back to work on Monday (January 3), and the week was VERY difficult. Lots and lots to do, many deadlines to meet, and not much time to do it! Another round of winter weather moved in Friday, and we actually closed at 1:00 that afternoon. After a quick stop at Kroger for provisions, I hurried home and watched it snow. Yesterday afternoon, the sun began popping out from time to time. It would snow awhile, then the sun would come out, then it would snow awhile longer. Strange weather day!

This morning, it's bitterly cold, but the sun is shining. Since there's another winter storm scheduled to move in late tonight, I'm going to go down to visit Mom and Dad while this afternoon.

Yup. Definitely sick o' winter.

No comments: