Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Not the Flu, But Still No Fun

I'd been sick all weekend....fever, chills, body aches, headache, general yuckiness.  I was still too sick to go to work yesterday.  This morning I went in for just a few hours to get one task completed and pick up some work to take home in case a predicted snowstorm actually hits us tonight.

By the time I left the office I felt so crummy that I went by the local urgent care center.  I was running a fever, so they tested me for flu.  It wasn't the flu, thank goodness, but I do have a bad sinus infection.  Antibiotics for me.  *bleah*

I went by the drugstore to pick up my medication, came home, and climbed into the recliner with knitting and watched TiVo all afternoon, catching up on stuff I hadn't felt like watching earlier.  It's raining now.....a lovely dreary steady rain.  Makes me feel all cozy and safe in my little corner of the world.

And so, I'm going to take my medicine, sip some hot soothing tea, and call it a night fairly early this evening.

Here's hoping you're all well and safe on this rainy Tuesday.

No comments: