Tuesday, February 26, 2013

It's only TUESDAY??

This has been a long week.  A long, ugly week.  And this is only Tuesday.  *sigh*

Okay, so what's been wrong with this week?
  1. Work stuff that I'll refrain from discussing on the internet, since Big Brother may be watching (for those of you who do not understand that reference, please read the excellent book "1984" by George Orwell).
  2. Sinus problems that have been dragging on for weeks.
  3. Exhaustion caused by items 1 and 2 above.
  4. Nothing tastes right; probably caused by item 2 above.
  5. I've had a sudden attack of "I hate my hair" syndrome.  Not unusual.  This happens from time to time.
  6. I need a snow day.....really, really, REALLY need a snow day.  And the best we're going to get are a few snow showers Thursday.  Phooey.
Now, what's been right with this week?
  1. Louise has been in the hospital, but is improving and will hopefully be home very soon.
  2. Daddy's improving a little more each day.
  3. I finished knitting a scarf for Mom on Sunday.
  4. I learned how to crochet one of those Sashay scarves last night from a YouTube video (I've already knitted several, but hadn't learned to crochet one).
  5. It's been a gray, rainy day.  I love gray, rainy days.
  6. Dessert tonight will be a pear.
  7. I'm close to finishing another pair of socks.  I've nearly finished the heel, and the rest of it is just knitting my way up the leg until I run out of yarn.  Good television knitting.
Okay, good outweighs bad, as it usually does.  Sometimes it's just a little difficult to see until you actually make a list.

Maybe it won't be such a bad week after all.  Keep your fingers crossed.

No comments: