Friday, January 07, 2005

From Cinderella Back Into A Pumpkin

I was off work for the holidays from December 23 until January 3. Today is the end of my first week back at the office, and BOY am I glad it's Friday! Don't get me wrong....I adore having all that time off, but that first week back is a bear!

The time off was busy, busy, busy. But at least I didn't have to do all that work after having already put in 8 hours at the office!

I spent the 23rd getting ready for company on the 24th. Nothing big, just dusting and vacuuming and making a few last-minute goodies. On the 24th, I went to Randy's mom's for awhile in the morning, then went back home to finish up things for Christmas Eve. Randy and I had Mom & Dad and Bud & Daphene (my aunt and uncle) in for the evening. Dallas & Sue (another aunt and uncle) dropped in, too. Kris and Louise called from Australia, which was a wonderful treat!

Meggie enjoyed all the attention she received from our guests, but when 9:00 p.m. rolled by, she was ready for them to leave so she could go to BED! *LOL*

Randy and I were on the road early Christmas morning to go to North Carolina to see the grandbabies. Sky (4 years old) was really, REALLY excited for Randy to open his gift from her. She could barely contain herself, waiting for him to get the paper off was a lump of coal! I told him Santa must have told Sky he'd been a bad boy this year. *L*

While we were in North Carolina, we went by to see Sandy and Wilton (another aunt and uncle) for a little while. Wilton had made a wooden display case for my dulcimer; it's really beautiful, and I'm very happy with it.

I spent the first part of the next week getting Randy's things packed to move into his new apartment. I didn't think he had a lot of things to pack, but it turned into a JOB! The apartment was going to be ready on Wednesday, so we went Tuesday to arrange for his electrical service and such. Wednesday was a busy day, moving his things and trying to get some of his family together to move some furniture out of his mother's old house to the apartment.

They finally got part of it moved about 6:30 that night. Because it had been stored in an empty unheated house for so long, I had to wash it before I could polish it. What a mess! I worked like a demon all day Wednesday and Thursday, then made the announcement that I was taking Friday OFF. I figured I deserved at least ONE day out of my week off from work!

As it turned out, I spent most of the day Friday straightening up my apartment, cleaning up the disorder I'd caused moving Randy's things out. Right after lunch, though, I did take two hours to just sit in the recliner and watch an old Bette Davis movie. It was great to just sit there and veg out for awhile!

Friday night we baby-sat Randy's younger granddaughter, Chloe. She was just a peach....such fun!

Saturday Randy watched a ballgame while I was catching up laundry and such. Then we did some shopping for things he needed at his new place and had dinner at Applebee's (his sister and brother-in-law had given us a gift certificate). I had a few more things to do at his place Sunday, so we had breakfast at Shoney's (another gift certificate....this one from his Mom) and went to take care of that. I spent the rest of the day finishing up some things at my place while Randy was watching ballgames. Then Monday was back to.....WORK....*sigh*

I need a holiday to get over my holidays.....*LOL* Luckily, I'll have January 17 off, so that'll be a 3-day weekend. Maybe I can actually get some REST that day!

Randy, Meggie, and I are still adjusting to his living in a different apartment. It's not our first choice of living arrangements, but it's necessary. He comes to my place for dinner every night he's not staying with his mother, so it's not too bad. Just different. We'll adjust eventually.

Oh, something funny I need to put in here because Kris reads this.....*LOL* When we went to Shoney's Sunday morning, Randy wore his UT hat and a new UT t-shirt Mom & Dad gave him for Christmas, since Tennessee won BIG in Saturday's game. I was sitting in a booth with my back to the door. Randy looked up toward the door and said, "Now there's a guy with a jacket I need to go with my hat and shirt." I didn't turn around, but heard "the guy" say something to the hostess. I told Randy, "I recognize that guy's voice." Sure enough, when "the guy" walked past us, it was my ex-husband. *ROTF* He didn't look around, and I didn't do anything to draw his attention. He was there with his third wife and his brother for breakfast. Luckily, they were seated a good distance away from us. I think that's the third time Randy and I have seen my ex there.....we've got to start going to the other Shoney's in Bristol when we have breakfast out. *LOL*

No comments: