Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Weird, Weird Weather

Okay, keep in mind that it's January 30 and I live in northeast Tennessee.  When I left for work this morning, I carried a lightweight jacket over my arm.  That's right, in JANUARY I left the apartment WITHOUT A COAT.  It was in the low 60's, and the air had a strange, tropical feel.

The wind was beginning to kick up a bit, and as I looked to the west I saw that cloud cover was beginning to skitter across the moon.  My commute in the morning is mostly west to east (meaning that on a clear day I'm driving into the sun both on my way to work and on my way home in the afternoon).  As I drove to work this morning, I saw scattered clouds in front of me, but in my rear view mirror I saw an ominously heavy mass of dark clouds.

Just as I arrived at work, a light sprinkle of rain began to fall.  I was happy to get inside before heavier rain arrived.

We're under a tornado watch until 1:00 pm today, then the temperatures are supposed to fall drastically with a chance of snow tonight.

So, the moral of the story is:  If you don't like the weather, wait a couple of hours.  It'll change.

No comments: