Thursday, January 31, 2013

Sinus Headaches Suck....Just Sayin'

About this time last week I awoke with a miserable sinus headache.  Over the course of the next few days it never went away.  It sometimes lessened in intensity, but sometimes it triggered a migraine.  My regular migraine medication (Maxalt) would help the migraine, but the sinus headache remained.

Yesterday it was more intense than it had been previously.  Feeling truly crappy, I dragged myself to the office.  As the day wore on, I felt worse and worse.  Finally, at 3:00 pm I gave up and turned in a sick leave request for the remaining 90 minutes of my workday.

I drove to my neighborhood Walgreen's and purchased over-the-counter sinus medication and nasal spray.  When I got home, I checked in with Mom and Dad, took a dose of the sinus medicine, sprayed my nose, nibbled a few crackers, and went immediately to bed.

I slept for a few hours, then awoke for awhile in the middle of the night.  (Just in case you wondered, there's not much to watch on TV in the middle of the night.)  I finally dozed off again and slept until 5:00 this morning.

I'm feeling a bit better.  The headache has subsided, but I feel a little dragged out this morning.  Several area school systems are on an altered schedule or closed today because of weather conditions.  Oh, how I wish we were on a delay.....I really dread getting out in that cold breeze this morning!

Okay, enough whining.....time to get in the shower and prepare to face the day!

No comments: