Sunday, June 04, 2006

A Day in the Sunshine....For Awhile

Today my sore throat was all better, thank goodness. Randy wanted me to take some pictures of an old log house where his family lived when he was three years old. So after breakfast and a few household chores, away we went to the community known as Hickory Tree.

I took pictures of the old house for him, then we rode around back roads for a bit. We were both hungry, so we went in search of a place to eat. We wound up at Fuddruckers in Johnson City. Luckily, the worst of the lunch rush was over, so we had a leisurely enjoyable lunch. He had his usual burger and Fudd Fries, and I had my usual taco salad. *yum*

After that, we went to the cemetery to visit the graves of his Mom, Dad, and his brother Ronnie who died in 1941 (crib death, twelve years before Randy was born). It was our first visit since Irene's burial last Sunday. He handled it really well.

As we started back from Johnson City, we ran into a dreadful thunderstorm. It's been raining and thundering around off and on ever since. If Meggie wasn't so horrified of thunderstorms, I really wouldn't mind. It makes me feel all dozy and warm.

No comments: