Monday, June 26, 2006

A Lovely Uneventful Weekend

Randy's follow-up visit with his primary care physician went well. We'd planned to lunch at Fuddrucker's (kind of a tradition when we go to Johnson City), but he had to hurry back to help his brother with hauling some dirt.

After I dropped him back off at his apartment, I went to Wal-Mart to do a bit of shopping, then went to spend some time with Mom and Dad. They'd offered to loan me a tent and a screen tent, so we practiced setting up the tent in their back yard. It's just beautiful; looks like brand new. In fact, it practically is new. Even though it's probably 15 years old, it's only been slept in once.

During the tour Randy and I took at Beartree Campground a week earlier, he'd become all enthused over the possibility of us doing some camping. I told him that I actually used to camp A LOT and still had a lot of the equipment. With Mom and Dad loaning us the tent, screen tent, and a camp stove, we were ready to go.

So, we already have reservations for July 13; four days and three nights. This will tell the tale of whether or not Randy's really a camper or not. *LOL* I asked if he'd ever camped before, and he said he hadn't since he was in the Boy Scouts! This should be interesting!

Saturday we went to a birthday party for Randy's great nephew (grand nephew?? His niece's son.), Noah. It was at the Eastman Park; the weather was pretty hot, but the party was in a shelter beneath some lovely shade trees, so it wasn't bad at all.

After the party, we went to Dairy Queen (Randy felt the need for a custard), then stopped by Mom and Dad's for a brief visit.

The only thing we did Sunday was make a Wal-Mart run. While Randy was watching the Braves on TV, I dragged some of my camping equipment out of my storage area and began cleaning it up.

I'm looking forward to spending some time in the great outdoors. Sure hope the weather cooperates!

No comments: