Friday, June 30, 2006

A Fine Start to the Holiday Weekend

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy. Today was the first day of a 5-day holiday weekend for me. And I spent the whole dang day in bed. No kidding, I've not been out of bed more than 15 minutes all together today, and 5 of that was looking at my e-mail a couple of minutes ago.

I awoke at my usual 5:15 am with a raging headache. I thought it was a sinus headache. Since I didn't really have to go anywhere today, I took a couple of aspirin and snuggled back under the covers with MeggieDog. I never really went back to sleep, just dozed a bit off and on.

I dragged myself to the kitchen and made myself a little breakfast about 7:30 and took my medication. I called and talked to Mom for a bit about 8:30. After we talked I still felt pretty awful, so I took a couple more aspirin and laid down again.

I got progressively worse, and about 10:30 violent nausea set in. After I lost my breakfast I went back to bed and dozed all afternoon. Each time I woke up I debated on whether or not I wanted lunch. I didn't.

I finally decided around 6:00 this evening that I'd better try to have a little something so I could take my medicine. I settled on a plain baked potato and some icy cold sugar-free ginger ale. That's still staying down, so I'm hopeful that whatever caused today's illness is over and done. I'd sure hate to spend my whole holiday weekend being sickly!

I'm still a little shaky, so I'm headed back to bed now. Meggie will be thrilled. :-)

No comments: