Saturday, April 11, 2009

Happy Easter, Everyone!


This has been a good weekend so far. The office was closed a half-day Friday (a leftover holiday from last Christmas), so I took the other half-day as personal time. I went to Kingsport, returned a sweater (too-short sleeves), went to Michaels (crafting heaven), and went to Hobby Lobby (SOCK YARN!!).


Then I had lunch with a good friend that I hadn't seen in years. *waves to David in case he's reading* *LOL* It was a wonderful visit; it's so good to catch up with old friends. On the way back to Bristol I stopped at Mom and Dad's to drop off some paperwork I'd faxed for them earlier in the week and to pick up some yummy Amish bread that our friends had dropped off for me there.


This morning I had an appointment to trim up my suddenly-out-of-control hair, then had lunch with Mom and Dad. Then I piled up on their couch to knit awhile. I took the photo above this morning to show how much progress I'd made on my latest knitting project. I made great progress at Mom and Dad's this afternoon and should finish this one up tonight, I think. This project is a sweater for our friends' adorable little Yorkie, Heidi. They have three more Yorkies (O'Reilly, Haley, and Holly), and I'm going to knit sweaters for them, as well. Every time I look at this tiny little sweater I'm amazed at how much smaller it is than the sweaters I've knitted for Meggie!
I'd ordered a pattern for the Mother Bear Project (click here to learn more), and it arrived a couple of days ago. I'm anxious to start that, too. And I want to knit a sweater. And more socks. *ROTF* So many projects, so little time!
Mom and Dad are going to a family gathering over in Scott County tomorrow, but I've begged off. I want to stay home and watch a Netflix movie and knit. This weekend has been fun so far, but I admit that I'm looking forward to a quiet, uneventful day tomorrow.

No comments: