Thursday, December 09, 2010

Winter. Bah, Humbug!

It's not even Christmas and I'm already tired of winter! This morning when I left home for the office it was ten degrees outside. TEN. That's the kind of weather that makes you want to get into cozy sweats and crawl into the recliner with an afghan and a mug of steaming coffee and knit the day away!

But, alas, off to the office I went to face a hectic day. There've been more than one of those this week. But at least tomorrow's Friday, right?

Mom finally got the call Tuesday telling her that her surgery is scheduled for December 20. We'll all be very relieved when that's done and over with! She's actually quite calm about it all, just anxious to get it behind her.

My cold is still with me, but improving gradually. I've been battling a headache for a couple of days now that I think is just part of the cold. Sure is getting tiresome, that's for sure. In fact, I think I'll take a dose of Alka Seltzer Cold medicine, get into my flannel jammies, and hit the hay.

This day has been long enough already. *sigh*

No comments: