Friday, December 03, 2010

Hurry Up and Wait

To those of you who might wonder why I've not given you an update on Mom, it's because we still don't know anything about when she'll have surgery or whether it will be an endovascular repair or open repair. (We're hoping, of course, for endovascular). As it usually goes with anything medical, the waiting is the most frustrating part. Hopefully she'll hear something soon.

So, winter seems to have arrived in my little corner of the world. It's been cold all week with occasional snow flurries. I know that we've been really lucky with the weather here so far this season, but it made me sigh when I heard that one of the school systems in the WCYB viewing area (Avery County, NC) was actually on a snow schedule this morning. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I certainly hope that this winter isn't as rough as LAST winter!

I'll certainly be glad to see the end of the workday today. This has been a long, ugly week. On top of it all, I'm taking a cold. I started feeling a little yucky yesterday, so I'm hoping that I'm already on the 2nd day of my usual 9-day cold. (Three days coming, three days with you, three days going.) Bleah.

Well, lunch break's nearly over, so time to hush griping and get my nose back to the grindstone. Have a great weekend, everyone!

No comments: