Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Another New Beginning

Ah, I see it's been awhile since I posted. Well, things have been a bit strained, and I really just hadn't felt much like posting, to tell the truth. My relationship with Randy was in a rapid decline. He wasn't spending much time with me, blaming it on working extended hours helping his brother with his construction business.

The time we spent together dwindled down to a couple of hours or so each Sunday afternoon. No matter what time he told me he'd arrive, he was at least an hour (if not two hours) late. He'd come through the door, spoiling for a fight. "Yeah, I'm late. Now jump all over me." *sheesh* He called me daily, but those calls kept coming later and later in the evening. Those calls also often began with him baiting me toward an argument. "Yeah, I know I said I'd call this morning. I forgot. Big deal."

Thanksgiving morning, he was to be at my apartment by 9:30. We were going to Mom and Dad's for dinner, and I wanted to get there early to help Mom finish up. As had become his habit, he was very late, but I was determined that we were going to have a good day. (There'd been so few of those lately.) He came through the door picking a fight. I said nothing about his lateness, trying to keep the mood light and pleasant. However, he was determined to make me unhappy. It was not a pleasant morning.

After Thanksgiving, things declined even more rapidly. On the Thursday after Thanksgiving, I didn't sleep because he hadn't called until 11:00 pm and was particularly nasty to me. I finally decided that enough was enough. On Friday morning, I called and arranged to have the locks changed on my apartment. That afternoon, I took the few things he had remaining at my place to his sister's house so he could pick them up there. That evening, I disconnected his cell phone (which was in my name) and changed both of my phone numbers.

After I decided enough was enough, I found out that he'd told his siblings a month earlier that he and I had parted company, and that he was seeing someone new. Funny that everyone was notified except ME!

Am I bitter? No, not really. I'm more relieved than anything. I'm just glad it's over. I'd given a lot of myself to that relationship in the nearly four years we were together, and got very little in return. I waited all last weekend for grief to kick in, and it never did. Guess that tells me something, eh? *LOL*

So, to the New Woman in his life, I wish you luck. You're going to need it. He's a LOT of work.

No comments: