Monday, April 12, 2010

A New Experience

I have a new experience coming up in a couple of days....my first colonoscopy. I should've had it before now, but I've procrastinated. I should have been better about this, I know, but what can I say? It's just been too easy to put it off for another day. So the day is nearly here. *L*

Kris has been through this procedure many, many times due to a health issue. Mom and Dad have both been through it, too, all without problems. From all I've been told by them and by friends who've been through it, the prep is the tough part. So that's tomorrow. Whee.

I'm sure it will all go fine, and I'm looking forward to getting it over with.

Because I can't have anything with aspirin in it for 5 days before the procedure, I wasn't able to take anything for a sinus/allergy/spring headache I had Saturday. This developed into a migraine over the course of the day that I wasn't able to shake until this morning. It's still lurking behind my eyes....I can feel it back there just waiting for an excuse to pounce!

So I'm spending as much of my workday in my office as I can, avoiding contact with: 1) people with stinky cologne, 2) strong sunlight, 3) pollen. I hope I can get through the day without setting it off again!

The weather this weekend was just glorious, and I really resented not feeling well enough to be out IN it. Luckily I was able to get my household drudgery (or most of it) out of the way before the headache got me completely down Saturday, but I had a lot of fun stuff I was going to do Saturday afternoon (some knitting, scanning some family photos, etc.) that just had to be put on the back burner.

Stupid headache.

1 comment:

Bejeweled Barbie said...

hope you feel better soon....my personal migraine formula: 2 aspirin (which you cant have) 2 tylenol, and 2 doctor enufs...