Thursday, April 22, 2010

You Gotta Love Spring


Yup, it's spring all right. Birds are singing, trees are blooming, the narcissus that were so beautiful just a week or so ago have faded away. I'm sneezing, coughing, and constantly dabbing at my watery eyes with a Kleenex. Yup. Spring.

But we had a good steady rain yesterday which finally settled some of the pollen, and I believe it helped everyone's allergy symptoms. Today, however, is supposed to be warmer and sunny, so I know what that will mean for us "snifflers". Oh well. At least we have pretty things to look at, right?

I'm on leave next week, and am really looking forward to some time off that doesn't involve any time spent in doctor's offices! Though I'm not planning anything big, it will be a busy week. I have some photo scanning to do for Mom, I have to have my car serviced, and I'm going to help a friend who's a first-time home computer owner get everything set up. I also have a project planned that I'm really happy about: getting my camping gear out of the closet and ready to go! *happy dance*

I've decided that my goal is to make camping as simple for myself as possible. Less stuff taken is less stuff I have to carry out to the car and then back into the apartment! So, I'm going to be ruthless. Anything that's not absolutely necessary is STAYING HOME. Well. Except for my knitting, of course. *LOL*

No comments: